Monday, May 9, 2016

It’s All About Relationships!

Trinity Romania Missions Trip 2016
Matthew and Amy Walker
Hey guys!  This is Matthew here.  I can’t believe the time is almost here for my fourth trip across the ocean to the gorgeous country of Romania.  As Amy and I were thinking and praying about whether or not God would have us return this year, one thing I started to realize was that I will have traveled outside of my country four times, yet all to the same place.  A lot of people may wonder why.  Why go back to the same place so many times when you could go to any other place in the world??

For me it’s all about relationships.   Relationships that have been started and continue to this day.  I’ve watched so many brothers and sisters in Christ from the church in Arad and from the villages in Romania grow. I've watched them physically grow, but also in their own walk with Christ.  I’ve also seen some have their understanding of  their need for Christ slowly rise to the surface.   We’ve become close to so many of these Romanian Christians.

Relationships are so crucial to us as human beings, but also to us as a church body.  Because we are one body in Christ, it only makes sense to be connected with one another.  It’s hard, if not impossible, to do that with just one quick visit.  With just one visit you might make an impression or make some memories, but usually they are quickly swept back underneath by life and all your circumstances.  Being part of this team for a fourth time, will only bring us closer to those friends we have made and rekindle the friendships we have.  It is so much easier to help build and encourage those whose we already have a close connection.

And to our Romanian friends we say: We will see you all very soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment