Saturday, May 16, 2015

When The Door Opens

Brandt Edmonston
I have been interested in going to Romania since I first heard about the opportunity . . .  That was the spring of 2013.  For whatever reason, when I wanted to go that year, God closed the door.  The next year, Spring of 2014, I wanted to go as well.  Apparently that wasn't the right time either.   Now we come to this year.

I was sure that it wasn't going to work out this year.  I had just gotten the full time job I was hoping for.  The spring is an incredibly busy time of year for my work.  I travel to conferences all over the country and run workshops for teens.  I wasn't even going to ask for the time off.   But apparently God had other plans.  

If any of you know Daphne, you probably know that she can be . . . persistent.  She pestered me until I asked my boss.  Much to my surprise, he said that if I didn't have to help run a workshop at a conference those weekends (while I would need to be in Romania), He was fine with my taking the trip.  Even more to my surprise, I had no conferences scheduled.

Now that might not seem that surprising to you, but wait until you hear about my schedule . . .  There are sixty days in the months of April and May.  In those sixty days, I will be out of town traveling to four different states and going to Romania.  I will be out of the State for thirty seven days.  Of those days, fourteen  will be out of the country.  I will have two weekends when I am at home with no work or mission related plans.  I return to Virginia from a conference in Mississippi on Sunday the 17th, only to climb back on  an airplane less than twenty four hours later and depart for Romania on the 18th.

This is going to be a marathon of a spring!  But I can't think of a better one.  And when God finally opens the door, well . . . You walk through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment